Fixed fee policy

Our fixed fee policy gives you the certainty of knowing what the fees are going to be, and when they are payable. (We do not send unexpected invoices).


The accounts for small limited companies are statutory documents which need to be filed at Companies House. Accounts for Sole traders and partnerships form the basis of the self assessment tax returns.

We prepare annual accounts for businesses of all sizes, from sole traders and partnerships to limited companies. Accounts are prepared to agreed timescales and deadlines.

In addition, we can:

  • Identify areas where your tax liability can be minimised.
  • Identify areas of the business that give you the most opportunity to make improvements
  • Use the accounts to help you measure where you are in meeting your goals and what actions you need to take.

VAT Returns / bookkeeping

If you are registered for VAT, your books will need to be prepared in order for a VAT return to be submitted electronically to HMRC every three months. We provide effective, time-saving book-keeping to ensure your records are organised, with all the information that you need to hand. Our services include:

  • Advice on VAT registration
  • Timely Management Accounts or quarterly figures
  • Completion and submission of online VAT returns
  • Advice on the VAT schemes suitable to your business
  • Dealing with any disputes that arise with HMRC
  • Estimate Tax Liabilities to avoid any unnecessary cash flow problems at the end of the year.


Whether you are a sole trader or own a limited company you will need to file a tax return annually with HMRC. Our comprehensive tax services range from preparing and submitting your self assessment tax return to advising on complex corporation tax matters. We can offer advice on how you can minimise your tax liability where possible. We will:

  • Complete your personal/company tax return
  • Calculate your final tax liability
  • File the tax return online
  • Liaise with you regarding the amounts to be paid and when they are due


If you intend to pay yourself a salary, then you will need to set up a Pay As You Earn (PAYE) scheme with HMRC. We can help you do this and offer a full payroll service tailor made for your business including:

  • Employee payslips
  • Monthly summaries
  • Dealing with leavers and starters
  • Annual returns (P14s/P35) for HMRC
  • Subcontractor CIS returns

Company secretarial

If you own a small limited company (or are thinking of setting one up) then various documents need to be filed annually at Companies House. We can make sure that no deadlines are missed and that your statutory records are accurate and up to date. We offer the following services: -

  • Company formations
  • Filing of Annual Return
  • Registered office facilities
  • Maintenance of statutory registers
  • Submission of statutory documents
  • Completion of share transfer forms
  • Preparation of share certificates

Free initial accountants consultation call us today on 01483 422473

MBL Accountants offer an exceptionally professional and friendly service. They have helped me take my business from strength to strength and I would not hestitate in recommending them to any small business or sole trader who wants the peace of mind of knowing that their accounts are being kept in excellent order.
Beverly Read, Godalming